Amy grew up in Yorkshire and was the youngest child of an active family. She has fond childhood memories of climbing trees and making homemade assault courses for herself and the family Labradors.Amy has a real passion for travel and learning about new cultures and different traditions.
After leaving school, she lived on the Iberian Peninsula for five years and then spent three years travelling the world before finally committing to settling down.
Amy joined Activities Abroad in August 2013 as our Sales Manager. She has visited all of our Finnish destinations and has fallen in love with our winter activity holidays - although Jeris seems to hold top position in her list of favourites!
Amy is very happy to talk about her own winter holiday experiences and as a mother she is in a perfect position to offer an insight into the suitability of each trip for families with young children.
Over the past couple of years Amy has been fortunate enough to visit many of our summer holiday destinations including Malta and Greece. Amy is remaining optimistic about the possibility of a European tour next spring to check out more of our summer destinations in Europe - then there are the long haul trips to consider of course!
- Ice Fishing in Luosto
- Visiting the Polar Bears at Ranua.
- Experiencing a husky safari and helping the musher to feed the husky puppies at Harriniva
- Sea kayaking in the crystal clear sea in Gozo.
- Witnessing the Northern Lights dance across the sky in Norway.
- Cycling in the Peloponnese in Greece.
- Learning about the remarkable culture of the Sámi people at Menesjärvi
- Relaxing after an action-packed day of winter activities in front of a log fire in a cosy winter cottage.
Norway, Malta, Greece Harriniva, Jeris, Kittila, Luosto, Menesjärvi