Amy grew up in Yorkshire and was the youngest child of an active family. She has fond childhood memories of climbing trees and making homemade assault courses for herself and the family Labradors. Amy has a real passion for travel and learning about new cultures and different traditions.
After leaving school, she lived on the Iberian Peninsula for five years and then spent three years travelling the world before finally committing to settling down.
Amy joined Activities Abroad in August 2013 and has since visited all of our Finnish destinations and falling in love with our winter activity holidays - although Jeris seems to hold top position in her list of favourites!
Amy is very happy to talk about her own winter holiday experiences and as a mother, she is in a perfect position to offer an insight into the suitability of each trip for families with young children.
Over the past couple of years, Amy has been fortunate enough to visit many of our summer holiday destinations including Malta and Greece. Amy is remaining optimistic about the possibility of a European tour next spring to check out more of our summer destinations in Europe - then there are the long haul trips to consider of course!
- Ice Fishing in Vuokatti
- Visiting the Polar Bears at Ranua and meeting Santa!
- Experiencing a husky safari and helping the musher to feed the husky puppies in Harriniva
- Diving only 20 metres from the beach in Gozo and seeing an amazing marine life
- Witnessing the Northern Lights dance across the sky in Norway.
- Swimming with both common and bottle nose dolphins in the middle of the Atlantic on our Azores holiday
- Learning about the remarkable culture of the Sámi people at Menesjärvi
- The views from the mountain roads on our way to Zabljak in Montenegro