Working within the Product and Operations Department, Katharina creates new holidays and manages the existing ones. She generally prefers to go on a summer holiday, but after her first trip with Activities Abroad to the beautiful Swedish Lapland she has fallen in love with the winter holidays as well.
She described it as “one of the best experiences ever.”
During her time in Sweden, she explored the frozen Luleå Archipelago in a very unique way – on a hovercraft. This hovercraft took Katharina across the ice and islands to the edge of the frozen sea and she was lucky enough to see some seals popping out of the water. She also enjoyed the husky safari, as she was driving her own team of dogs through the snow. Katharina also enjoy the stunning scenery that Sweden has to offer. Katharina could only describe this as an unforgettable experience!
Another highlight from her trip to Sweden was snowshoeing as it only took a couple of minutes for her to get used to walking in the snowshoes. She walked through the deep snow into the forest and tried her luck at some winter skills. The icing on the cake for Katharina was learning how to light up a fire in the deep snow, which was used to warm the water up to make a hot chocolate.
Peru is high up on Katharina’s bucket list, as it combines history and culture, beautiful landscape, amazing wildlife, the Amazonian rainforest and the world famous Machu Picchu. Katharina is excited to try out zip lining through the hallowed valley and other adventures including white-water rafting and canoeing on a lake that is surrounded by the jungle. She is particularly looking forward to visiting the famous Machu Picchu, one of the seven wonders of the ancient world, which was built in a spectacular location 2.430 metres above the sea level.
- Driving a snowmobile and enjoying the incredible scenery with snowy forests and frozen lakes
- Strapping on some snowshoes and walking through the snowy forest to learn some winter skills. One of the best parts was lighting a fire in the deep snow, so she could make a hot chocolate
- Travelling on a hovercraft on the frozen sea towards the edge of the ice where she saw some seals popping up whilst we were enjoying a lovely cinnamon roll and some hot chocolate.
- Driving her own team of huskies through the forest and learning the basics of mushing.
- Snorkelling with dolphins off the coast of the Azores. This was an incredible natural experience where you get to witness pods of dolphins interact with each other.