We know that for families, a holiday will be one of the most important investments you make in a year. We also understand just how important it is that you know that you are all financially protected and that your money is completely secure. You can rest assured that we will provide you with all of the above and more.
We understand just how important it is that you know that you are all financially protected and that your money is completely secure
The British Travel Industry is strictly governed and so there are many factors in place to ensure that your holiday experience and your finances are protected.
Any tour operator selling packages within the EU is bound by the very strict EU package travel regulations – these govern everything we do and everything we sell and so your consumer rights are wholly protected by these regulations. We also go above and beyond these regulations and provide our very own Peace of Mind promise for our guests.
Fully bonded members of ABTA and AITO
Sorry for all of the abbreviations but we will explain what they all mean…..
ABTA is the UK’s largest travel association. Your family may book with confidence as we are a fully bonded member of ABTA (ABTA number Y6261), which means that you have the benefit of ABTA's code of conduct and your money is fully protected regardless of whether we are arranging your flights for you or not.
We are also members of Association of Independent Tour Operators (AITO), which means that we are also governed by a strict quality charter.
We hold an Air Travel Organiser's License issued by the Civil Aviation Authority (ATOL number 6865). When you buy an ATOL protected flight or flight inclusive holiday from us, you will receive an ATOL Certificate
This lists what is financially protected, where you can get information from and who to contact if things go wrong. We, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL Certificate, will provide you with the services listed on the ATOL Certificate (or a suitable alternative).
In some cases, where neither we nor the supplier are able to do so for reasons of insolvency, an alternative ATOL holder may provide you with services you have bought or a suitable alternative (at no extra cost to you). You agree to accept that in those circumstances the alternative ATOL holder will perform those obligations and you agree to pay any money outstanding to be paid by you under your contract to that alternative ATOL holder. However, you also agree that in some cases it will not be possible to appoint an alternative ATOL holder, in which case you will be entitled to make a claim under the ATOL scheme (or your credit card issuer where applicable). If we, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL certificate, are unable to provide the services listed (or a suitable alternative, through an alternative ATOL holder or otherwise) for reasons of insolvency, the Trustees of the Air Travel Trust may make a payment to (or confer a benefit on) you under the ATOL scheme. You agree that in return for such a payment or benefit, you assign absolutely to those Trustees any claims which you have or may have arising out of or relating to the non-provision of the services, including any claim against us, the travel agent or your credit card issuer where applicable. You also agree that any such claims may be re-assigned to another body, if that other body has paid sums you have claimed under the ATOL scheme.
*The flights and flight-inclusive holidays we arrange are ATOL protected providing they are made available in the UK. For further information visit the ATOL website at www.atol.org.uk.
If you have any questions relating to financial protection, please do not hesitate to contact us as two of members of our management team used to work within the CAA. They will be more than happy to take you through any concerns that you may have.
Going beyond - Our Peace of Mind Promise
Here at Activities Abroad we pride ourselves on our knowledge of our products and our destinations. We have a wealth of expertise and staff members who are always on hand to offer guidance and firsthand advice.
From the moment you enquire with us, right through to when you return from your holiday, we want you to feel secure and to know that you will receive the best possible service.
Our Peace of Mind Promise has been created to highlight some of the things that will help you and your family to relax and focus on the really important stuff, like having an amazing family holiday!
Our Peace of Mind Promise has been created to help you and your family relax and focus on an amazing family holiday!
Sometimes unexpected things can happen before departure and, if it is covered in the terms listed below, then our team will do everything possible to rearrange your holiday should it be cancelled. If it is not possible to rearrange your holiday then you will receive a full refund.
We are also on hand for you whilst you are away and so if something does occur, our operations team are available 24 hours a day. They will help you if anything unexpected occurs, which can negatively impact on your holiday.
If for any reason your holiday had to be cut short, rearranged or abandoned then we will arrange this for your all, without extra cost or any undue stress.
The safety of our clients is of complete and paramount importance and we will always adhere to any travel advice issued by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) regarding any destinations we feature. Our operations team receives immediate updated form the FCO regarding all destinations we feature.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Travel insurance is a pre-requisite to travelling with Artisan Travel. For those policies which do insure against delays, curtailment and cancellation, claims must be presented to your insurer in the first instance. If you are unable to claim this back from your insurance company then we will reimburse you.
Insurance is not included in any of our holidays so please see the Insurance section of the website for details.
- Necessary additional/alternative accommodation and meal arrangements will be arranged by us or the relevant airline (subject to availability) at a property of our or the airline's choosing. A reasonable provision will be made for meals.
- Occasionally when dealing with delayed or cancelled flights we or the airline reserve the right to make alternative travel arrangements when deemed necessary. This may include an alternative route or a different mode of transport to get you where you need to be.
- Where long flight delays impact upon your holiday duration we regret that we are unable to offer any refund under these circumstances. The accommodation will be held for your delayed arrival and not re-sold and our local partners will do everything possible to rearrange the order of activities once you have arrived so you are still able to take part in as much of the original itinerary as possible. We strongly recommend you ensure your personal travel insurance covers you should a flight delay impact on the duration of your holiday.
- If your holiday is rescheduled prior to departure then any increase in the holiday cost will be payable by you or a refund of the difference will be given if the price is lower.
- Unfortunately we are unable to extend our Peace of Mind Promise to any travel arrangements booked independently. This includes, but is not limited to, travel to and from the airport in the outbound country, any non-connecting flights booked, airport car parking, hotels and any onward travel via rail or public bus. We highly recommend that you ensure such extras are covered by your personal travel insurance and are booked with sufficient time to allow for any delays. Please never make these arrangements until you have received confirmation from us that the holiday has met the minimum number of people required for it to run.
- If you have already booked a holiday and decide you no longer wish to travel without any unexpected occurrences or FCO advice applying this would be deemed as disinclination to travel and our standard booking terms and conditions would apply.
- The above arrangements will apply for any of the following scenarios: Windstorm, Earthquake and any aftershock, Tsunami, Adverse weather, volcanic eruption, riot, civil commotion, strike or epidemic.