After graduating from Newcastle University, Allan decided to indulge his passion for travel and explore every corner of the world. From South Africa to Canada, Jamaica to Finland, Allan has seen and experienced it all. After years in the travel industry, Allan jumped at the opportunity to join Activities Abroad to show you and your family the very best holiday destinations and experiences.
Allan’s first trip away with Activities Abroad to Finnish Lapland was a chance to tick off a bucket list item and experience husky sledding for the very first time. He would highly recommend this for the whole family – there’s nothing better than spending time with the friendly huskies at the end of a thrilling tour of the winter wonderland!
Allan’s most recent trip was to the beautiful Maltese Archipelago of Gozo. Here he had the chance to experience the fascinating local heritage and amazing hospitality and explore the extensive and fascinating culture of the island from specialist food producers to local artisans. He was also lucky enough to try sea kayaking along the spectacular coastline, travelling through stunning waterways and incredible rock arches - what a truly memorable way to experience the island.
Favourite summer experiences:
- Exploring the culture of Gozo
- Hiking up Mount Etna in Sicily
Favourite winter experiences:
- Sampling traditional Lappish cuisine cooked on a fire in a Finnish wooden Kota.
- Husky sled ride through the winter wonderland of Finnish Lapland.
- Ticking the Northern Lights off his bucket list in Finnish Lapland
- Heading out on a tranquil Aurora reindeer sleigh ride across the frozen lake
Places he has visited: