Whilst her childhood family holidays pretty much consisted of a few weeks sitting on the beach and eating ice cream on the Isle of Wight, Dawn has managed to pick up a few new experiences on family activity holidays since joining Activities Abroad in 2012.
She has been lucky enough to explore and enjoy a fair few winter locations and the occasional summer location from Finland to Norway to Malta to Sweden, experiencing some of the fun-filled family experiences that we offer.
Her role at Activities Abroad is as a longstanding member of the sales team with a focus on winter group and tailor-made trips in particular. Whilst her fairly sedate childhood may mean she can’t offer you the benefit of her first-hand experiences, she can always get the answers you need from her cycling, climbing, kayaking and hiking colleagues who, quite frankly, put her to shame!
Her love of travel was enthused by a last-minute gap year, which inspired her to take in more of the world and seek out those experiences that are just off the beaten track. Having studied history at university, experiences with a more historical or cultural slant are always the most favourable to her. When not busy she will often lend a hand copywriting for the website, so any enthusiastic mentions of Roman temples, Incan ruins and Scandinavian Sámi culture are sure to have come from Dawn.
• Kayaking across the beautiful waters of the Maltese bay
• Exploring the centuries old small towns and villages of new places
• Anything to do with the sea – hiking along the coast, kayaking, boat trips
• Driving a team of dogs across the fells of Norway with snow topped mountains as the backdrop
• Snowmobiling under the Northern lights
• Enjoying a sauna after a long day of snowshoeing and cross-country skiing
• Sleeping in a glass bubble and lying in bed to look up at the vast night sky