Jono started working for Activities Abroad in early 2014 as part of the Product and Operations Department, focusing on developing new and exciting holidays to adventure-filled destinations. Having previously worked in a different industry, the world of travel is one that he really enjoys working within.
Travel has given him the chance to meet a variety of vibrant and interesting people as well as the opportunity to visit exciting places across the world, seeking out new products to develop and add to the wonderful destinations that we offer.
Jono’s most memorable summer experience is from Turkey when the sun was beating down as he paddled across the ocean, peering at the ruins below, followed by a delicious lunch of local treats – just what you need after a day at sea! The fascinating history and culture of Turkey can be seen throughout the country and with the climate and activities on offer, it is one of his favourite places to visit.
However, it’s not all about summer, as he can’t wait to experience another husky safari deep in the arctic winter wonderland of Finland. This, coupled with the chance to see the Aurora and taking part in some exciting winter activities, is his ideal winter trip!
- Kayaking in the crystal clear waters above the sunken city of Kekova in Turkey
- White water rafting in the stunning Catalan Pyrenees
- Meeting friendly huskies and embarking on a thrilling adventure with them through the incredible Lappish scenery
- Northern Lights hunting in wilds of Swedish Lapland
- Snorkelling off the coast of Maderia