Graham was lucky enough to travel a lot as a child including living in the Solomon Islands in the Pacific. Here he learnt to snorkel off the pristine beaches and explore the wonderful coral reefs. Back on dry land the forest was a gigantic playground and during the rainy season the bottom of the garden became a mud slide.
One of his earliest holiday memories was being 'marooned' on an uninhabited desert island with his family for a week. The island was named after JFK who had been washed up there after his boat sunk during World War Two. You don't always have to go to such extreme measures to find that mix of adventure and relaxation on your family holiday!
Graham's experiences have fuelled his love of travel and given him an appreciation of what makes a successful family holiday - even though not everyone in the family may want the same thing. That's why it always helps to speak to one of our experts for advice on the best itinerary for your family.
On Graham’s recent adventure away with Activities Abroad he was lucky enough to experience the exotic lands of Morocco. Graham has fallen in love with this very special Activities Abroad holiday and the many adventures that can be had; from quad biking along the deserted beaches at Sidi Kaouki to hiking in the Atlas Mountains to wandering around the ancient city walls of Essaouria. Graham would recommend the full Moroccan experience to anyone. Next, he hopes to explore more exotic destinations on our long-haul adventures!
- Graham's favourite winter destination is Brandon Lodge overlooking the Gulf of Bothnia and the thousands of islands stranded in the frozen ocean. His favourite part of this holiday was experiencing a hovercraft tour and witnessing the huge formations of pack ice up close.
- Graham has experienced both our Turkey and Portugal holidays where he put himself on the line so that he can offer great advice to our clients. His favourite summer activities are sea-kayaking above the sunken ruins of Kekova in Turkey and cycling along the cliff tops of the Alentejo Coast where giant storks build their gravity-defying nests.
- His favourite food in Portugal was octopus stew and the fantastic strawberry jam croissants from the local bakery in Milfontes, and in Turkey he loved the great pide (Turkish pizza) and baklava in Kas.
- Graham also loved experiencing the thrilling activity of canyoning in the Catalan Pyrenees.
- Sampling the vibrant culture of Morocco