Alex grew up in Surrey and developed her passion for travel and adventure from an early age being fortunate to travel frequently as a child with her family. Alex’s love for the outdoors led her to study Adventure Education at University and she has since worked within the Adventure Travel and Expedition industry. She joined the Activities Abroad expert team in March 2017 and looks forward to helping families experience fantastic active holidays!
Alex has family in Cape Town and regularly visited them as a child. This is where some of her fondest early memories are from, particularly swimming in the sea with penguins at Boulders Beach. She recently returned to Cape Town and enjoyed going back to see the penguins, visiting the seals at Hout Bay and trying some of the more grown-up activities and wine tours.
Alex spent a month travelling around Southern Peru as a School Expedition Leader. She loved her time there for many reasons but highlights included hiking to Machu Picchu and visiting the Uros Islands on Lake Titicaca. Alex loves to be outside and enjoys all of the activities that Activities Abroad offers- especially white-water rafting!
Alex’s favourite summer destination is obviously South Africa as there is so much to explore and experience on the Cape Peninsular.
Whilst Alex has had her fill of summer destinations, Activities Abroad have opened up her eyes to the joys of snow holidays. Alex was lucky enough to head to Finland earlier this year and loved all that she saw, especially at Saariselkä and Nellim! Here she explored the beautiful scenery and particularly enjoyed husky safaris, cross-country skiing and the snowshoe trails. Alex would love the opportunity to travel back to Nellim and experience an Aurora Camp where you can enjoy hot drinks and a warming fire whilst waiting for the magical Northern Lights to dance above your head.
Alex has also been lucky enough to visit Swedish Lapland and Brändön Lodge with Activities Abroad and loved exploring the wilds of this beautiful part of the world. With all the fantastic activities available in winter, including hovercrafts, reindeer and icebreakers, she would love the opportunity to head back there for fun in the snow!
- Swimming with penguins on Boulders Beach and standing on the top of Table Mountain in South Africa
- Experiencing the magic of the Incas on an exploration of Machu Picchu in Peru
- Visiting the unique Uros Islands on Lake Titicaca in Peru
- Eating the delicacy King Crab in Kirkenes in Norway
- Learning about the indigenous Sámi Culture in Finnish Lapland
- Experiencing the thrill of driving a snowmobile across a frozen lake in Finnish Lapland
- Witnessing the awe-inspiring beauty of the Northern Lights in Finland whilst on a snowshoe excursion
- Relaxing in a traditional Finnish sauna after a day of sampling the best snow activities!
- Discovering the Kirkenes Snowhotel in Norway and marvelling at the ice sculptures
- Whitewater rafting down the Cetina river in Croatia.
- Canoeing down the Zrmanja river in Croatia
- Visiting the Montenegro and seeing the beautiful waterfalls.
- Seeing the stunning lakes and mountains of Montenegro