Working for us
Working for us
We are one big happy family here at Activities Abroad and we have an exceptional team who are truly dedicated to creating the best possible family holidays for our guests.
Our office is filled with all ages and welcomes new staff with open arms. We all share a passion for travel and family holidays, with many of our staff members taking their kids on our holidays each year. We all work exceptionally hard and apply a responsible ethos to everything we do.
Our offices are in a converted barn in Northumberland and we absolutely love where we are. At lunchtime, we always try to make the most of our lucky location by getting outside and enjoying the fresh air or making a trip to the local farm shop for some treats.
Any opportunities to join our team will be shown on this page.
Your main role will be to act as the face of Activities Abroad, Artisan Travel and The Aurora Zone in the resort and provide guests with an exceptional service and ensure the smooth running of their holidays (to the best of your ability).
- Meeting and greeting guests at the airport or on arrival at the hotel (whenever possible)
- Organising and hosting welcome meetings for all guests and providing them with a welcome pack on arrival detailing key information required in the resort (sometimes for up to 50 people). There may be numerous arrivals on one day meaning you may need to divide duties.
- Manage your workload and divide it accordingly to ensure the best service is provided to guests. Ensuring that guests are always able to contact you in emergencies.
- Facilitating, arranging and selling additional activities
- Responding to clients' queries (this will involve being on duty at set times each day in each destination)
- Handling client issues, such as lost luggage or passports, allegations of theft or other crimes, problems with rooms and health problems, injuries or even deaths
- Dealing with unforeseen 'non-client' problems, e.g. flight delays, coach strikes, weather conditions;
- Resolving any conflict with or between clients in the resort where possible and liaising with suppliers and UK office to provide swift resolution.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with local suppliers and guides, liaising with the suppliers to ensure all arrangements are in place and are seamlessly provided.
- Maintaining an in-depth knowledge of the resort and the local area in order to answer clients' questions, you will be given time at start of season to do so and will build your knowledge throughout your time
- Checking hotel standards and safety procedures in line with the documentation we will provide you with
- Completing risk assessments and health and safety checks as required.
- Keeping basic accounts and records of expenses (you will be provided with credit cards for this purpose)
- Reporting to the UK office about improvements and suggestions at the end of stay in Finland or during if appropriate
- Helping compile training for any future representatives in the area
- Applicants must have a full, clean UK driving license